Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Obligatory Post about Resolutions

I'm going to be writing a post later (that, when it's finished, I shall link to here) about resolutions more generally, because I do have a bit to say on the topic.  (Friends and regular readers are now saying, "She has a bit to say about tying her shoes and flossing, too, I bet.")  For now, I just want to show you my new attempt at actually making 2014 a different year from 2013.  Because we all know that if they end up being twins, I'm going to throw something large through a plate-glass window.

For Christmas, my wonderful and talented friend Christie gave me a beautiful hand-made journal.  A few days prior to Christmas, I outfitted it as my 2014 Planner.  Like...literally, a planner.  I put plans in it.



And in the back cover, I've started a list of resolutions I have.  Some of them are things that I have to continually check in on over the course of the year (#s 1 and 5), some of them are monthly goals (#s 3 and 4), and some of them are things I will be able to check off as I go (# 2), and there is space for more to add as I go through the year and new things come up.


There are a lot of pages in the journal, and I plan to fill them up with dreams of what I will do as well as descriptions of things I have done so that, when I look back on 2014, I can remember it as a proactive and exciting time, even if things start getting rough and going south.

This post is a) a reminder to myself that I did this so that I don't forget to keep using it and b) a request for you to give me ideas of resolutions.  As you can see, I need at least 9 more.  Anything you think I should add?


No comments:

Post a Comment