Saturday, August 17, 2013

You fill up my senses like a night in a forest

I just returned from a week of camping in the Rockies with my extended family on my mother’s side.  The biggest life-lesson take-aways were these: 
1) On a dewey morning, it feels practically impossible to start a campfire without using lighter fluid. 
2) No campfire is as satisfying as the one you ignited without using lighter fluid.
3) Watching people cook food over a fire you started and tended largely by yourself makes you feel like a breadwinner, even when you’re unemployed. 
4) Charred marshmallows are very tasty.  Charred bagels are useless. 
5) Spitting Knob Creek whiskey into a 8-foot bonfire is an almost certain method of ridding your entire family of eyebrows. 
6) Nothing brings a family together like a mutual lack of eyebrows.
You may have noticed a trend.  Don't worry; so did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment